Nexgen Automation is currently seeking a skilled Building Automation Technician to join our growing company.
Candidates will be responsible for the proper startup, commissioning and ongoing service of our clients’ Building Automation Systems (BAS). This includes performing a point-to-point checkout per Company procedures, completing project commissioning documentation, downloading application software, performing software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation. This position also includes maintaining on-going project as-built documentation, archival of project user files and performing warranty related service calls. Additionally, this candidate will work closely with our installation team and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements. Finally, this candidate will work with the Service Department in the ongoing support, maintenance and repair of Building Automation Systems.
Typical project types including central plants, data centers, laboratories, hospitals, K-12, higher education and commercial office building projects, though there is no limit to the challenging projects we will accept!
Qualified individuals should should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Team player with an excellent attitude, work ethic, people skills, integrity, and self-motivation.
- Knowledge in servers, network equipment/environments.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers with Microsoft Office or the equivalent used by customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft 7, 10, and MS Server versions
- Working knowledge of network topologies with skills to implement and troubleshoot hubs, switches, fiber-optic media converters.
- Working knowledge of database software (specifically SQL, Access and Derby). Proficient in data manipulation, import, and export.
- Basic understanding of control logic, DDC control theory and applications pertaining to HVAC
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation is a must
- Possess driver’s license with no major traffic violations in the last 5 years and no DUIs at all
- Ability to color coordinate electrical wire and cables
- Possess own basic hand tools
- Work in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, and snow.
- Work at various heights, up to 40’ on ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, etc.
- Work in restricted/confined areas (switchgear rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, and attics).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required, and night shifts.
- Participate in service on-call rotation
- Travel out of town as needed with overnight stays if necessary
- Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
Educational requirements are as follows:
- AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate/Diploma, or Skilled Trades Apprenticeship
- OR other post-high school training (2 yrs duration) with minimum of 6 yrs experience
- Prior experience with Building Automation Systems. 3 year minimum is preferred.
- Prior field work experience is a plus.Prior graphical or structure-based programming experience is a plus.
- Current EPA refrigerant certification a plus.
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package including a health insurance plan, 401(k) and paid vacations and holidays. This is a full-time, hourly position.
Kindly respond with a copy of your resume and professional references to email@example.com.
Nexgen Automation is an equal opportunity employer.